- Wash and peel baby beetroots, place in a heavy based saucepan add olive oil, orange zest, thyme sprigs and bay leaves simmer on a very low heat
for 90 minutes until tender. Once tender set aside
- Whip the cream and Persian feta until smooth and fluffy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small saucepan reduce the Pedro vinegar over
a medium heat until reduced by half, this will create a thicker vinegar and enhance the flavour.
- To assemble – In a bowl spoon the feta on the bottom and smear out a little top the feta with drained beetroot, season with salt and pepper, put the grains in a medium sized mixing bowl and dress with the reduced vinegar and chopped chives, season to taste.
- Spoon cereal mix all over the beetroots until covered. To finish place watercress scattered across the top of the salad.Recipe with courtesy
Chef Braden White, Rickys Noosa