¼ cup (60ml) oliveoil
1x onion, finely chopped
1x bunch shallots(spring onions), finely chopped (optional)
750g baby spinach
1x bunch silver beet - leaves removed, chopped (discard stalks)
1 x bunch tablespoons chopped dill
250g Greek feta cheese, crumbled
2x table spoons of Cumin
4x eggs, lightly beaten
12 sheets filo pastry or 6 sheets of puff pastry
salt and pepper to taste.
1xtablespoon of butter
- Combine onion, shallots spinach, silverbeet and dill.
- Add the feta cheese, egg and cumin, salt and pepper (separate 2 table spoons of egg to use for brushing the pastry)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Brush a 2 1/2-litre baking dish with butter.
- Lay the puff pastry on base and sides of the dish.
- Spread the mixture over top.
- Cover with remaining puff pastry.
- Trim excess pastry with kitchen scissors and tuck edges into sides of dish.
- Brush top with the remaining egg and score with a fork.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil, increase the temperature to 190°C and bake for another 15 minutes or until golden.
- Rest for 10 minutes.
Cooking time 50 minutes
|Earth Markets App||Rewards|
We value our customer’s loyalty and would like to reward
them for supporting their Local Fruit Shop, Earth Markets.
Therefore we have introduced a loyalty card available only
through our app. The Earth Markets app is available for
Android or iPhone.