Preparation 30 minutes
3 ripe bananas, chopped
2 sliced bananas
1 cup of almond meal
3 tablespoons chia seeds – dark or white
extra virgin coconut oil – for cooking
2 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter or Tahini (or any other nut butter you prefer)
ground cinnamon for sprinkling, around 1 table spoon
1/4 cup shredded coconut
4 tablespoons raw honey or maple syrup
- Place 3 of the chopped bananas, egg, almond meal and chia seedsin a blender or NutriBullet and blenduntil smooth – Leave to rest for 15 minutes
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large non-stick heavybased frying pan – medium heat.
- Working in batches, add 3 tablespoons of the batter for eachpancake and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn and cook the other side until golden.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 12 pancakes in total.
- Layer the pancakes (4 perserve), add sliced banana and which ever nut butter you are using on top.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon andcoconut.
- Drizzle with honey or maplesyrup